Last updated 19 January 2023
These terms and conditions are between you and MBS and govern your use of each MBS website operated by or on behalf of MBS. In addition to these terms, other supplementary terms set out on an MBS website may apply to your access and use of that website. By accessing and using an MBS website you agree to be bound by and comply with the applicable terms.
Content and copyright ownership
Copyright in the information, graphics, content and other materials on this Website (Material) is owned or licensed by MBS. Except where necessary for viewing the Material on this Website on your browser, or as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) or other applicable laws, no Material on this Website may be reproduced, adapted, performed in public or transmitted in any form by any process without the specific written consent of MBS. "Melbourne Business School" and all associated trademarks, are trademarks of MBS and must not be used without MBS’ prior written consent.
While we endeavour to ensure that all content published on an MBS website is correct at the time of publishing:
- we make no warranty about the accuracy, completeness or reliability of that content;
- content may change without notice;
- you must not rely on that content and should confirm the relevant information with the originating or authorising department or other body; and
- we are not responsible for the actions of third parties (including users of MBS websites).
You must not:
- modify the content from how it appears on MBS website;
- use an MBS website or content on an MBS website for any purpose which is unlawful or does not comply with these terms or any supplementary terms;
- exercise the copyright in the whole or any part of an MBS website except as permitted by statute or with MBS's prior consent;
- post any content on an MBS website that infringes a third party’s intellectual property rights or is defamatory, abusive or obscene;
- use automated means to retrieve information from an MBS website without our permission, for example, ‘scraping’;
- post or otherwise submit any software, code or routine that is harmful or interferes with the operation or activities of an MBS website;
- decompile, disassemble, or reverse-engineer the software or services relating to an MBS website;
- use an MBS website or information on an MBS website for the purposes or generating ‘spam’, or submit ‘spam’ through an MBS website; or
- do anything which would impose an unreasonably large or disproportionate load on MBS’s networks or interfere with MBS’s network security.
Links to third party websites
Where a link to a third party website appears on an MBS website:
- we do not endorse, recommend or support the linked website or any information, opinions, or goods and services made available on it;
- these terms will not apply to the linked website and you should review the terms applicable to the linked website before using it;
- we have no control over the information, content or activities of the linked website and your access to and use of the linked website is at your own risk; and
- we make no representations or warranties as to, and we are not responsible for, the accuracy or any other aspect of the information on the linked website.
Copyright problems and non-compliant content
Where MBS determines that content or links on an MBS website do not comply with its terms or applicable laws we may immediately remove that content and where content has been uploaded or posted by a user, block the relevant user’s access to that MBS website without notice.
You can report a copyright problem or non-compliant content or links on an MBS website by emailing email@example.com Please include your name, address, phone number and email address in the request, along with the relevant MBS website address, a description of the problem, the copyright owner and (where applicable) your capacity to act on their behalf, and any supporting information that might be of assistance.
To the extent permitted by law:
- all conditions, warranties, guarantees, rights, remedies, liabilities or other terms that may be implied or conferred by statute, custom or the general law that impose any liability or obligation on MBS in relation to an MBS website or its content are expressly excluded under these and any supplementary terms; and
- MBS has no liability to you or anyone else (including in negligence) for any type of loss, however incurred, in connection with your use of an MBS website or its content, including (without limitation) loss of profits, loss of revenue, loss of goodwill, loss of customers, loss of or damage to reputation, loss of capital, downtime costs, loss under or in relation to any other contract, loss of data, loss of use of data or any direct, indirect, economic, special or consequential loss, harm, damage, cost or expense (including legal fees).
Governing law and compliance
You must comply with all laws applicable to your access and use of an MBS website. If you access an MBS website from outside Australia you must comply with all laws in that country which apply to that access and use.
These terms, the supplementary terms and your use of each University website are governed by the laws of the State of Victoria, Australia and you irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria, Australia.
Changes to terms
We may change these terms and any supplementary terms on an MBS website at any time without notice to you.
If there are inconsistencies between these terms and any supplementary terms, these terms will take precedence unless otherwise indicated.